Giveaway – Taste of Spain Hamper – Closed 10pm 2.9.2011. Winner Drawn 4.9.2011
At the recent Food Blogger Connect conference, thanks to Taste of Spain we were lucky enough to have an olive tasting and information session and a fabulous cookery demonstration from Caroline Mi Li Artiss who made a black olive tapenade with an Asian twist for us. We were also all sent home with jars of Spanish olives to use and a recipe book with some great examples of Spanish cookery. Olives are wonderfully healthy snacks with gram for gram less than a third of the calories of crisps for example. And they add a unique Mediterranean flavour to recipes. Did you realise that Spain is the number one producer of olives in the world, with 30% of the total olives originating from some 2.5million hectares of olive trees in Spain!
Inspired by what I’d seen at the conference I decided to try one of the recipes last night, Poppy Seed encrusted pork fillet with Olive vinaigrette, and was really impressed with the results. I’d deliberately picked an easy recipe to scale down for one or two people and one that would make use of the tomatoes I’m growing in my balcony garden right now.
Here’s the result. It was very good…and I think had a pretty authentic taste of Spain from the olives and sherry vinegar that I used in the vinaigrette. You can find the link to the recipe here.
Taste of Spain are offering a giveaway of a hamper of goodies for one of you!
The hamper is inspired from the gorgeous region of Andalucia in the South of Spain, which produces 77% of the total olives grown in the country. The hamper is perfect for Spanish food lovers and is filled with a delicious array of traditional Provincial foods, dips, treats including a range of tantalising Spanish olives stuffed with garlic, paprika, lemon and the Spanish stuffed partridge peppers. It also comes with a traditional Spanish Paella pan to encourage people to get creative in the kitchen along with Spanish rice, olive oil and paella mix (wow, that’s making me want to make a paella myself)
- All you need to do to enter is to post here and let me know what your favourite way to eat olives is (mandatory).
- For a second entry, like the Taste of Spain facebook page and post HERE to let me know you’ve done that.
- For a third entry please follow @Taste_of_Spain on twitter (and post HERE to let me know).
- For a fourth entry please retweet this message exactly as shown and post here to let me know you’ve done so “#win a Spanish olive hamper with @fionamaclean and @Taste_of_Spain, http://tinyurl.com/43hgo9k”
- For a fifth entry please make sure you are following London-Unattached on facebook and let me know by posting here!
Please make sure you post a separate message for each thing you do so that you get all your chances when I pick the winner!!!!
This giveaway is for UK residents only and closes at 10pm on 2 September 2011