The Best of British Blogger Challenge
Some of you may remember that I was appointed Social Media Ambassador for New World Appliances last year. I’ve been adding content to their blog and finding out more about the organisation, which is part of Glen Dimplex Home Appliances (alongside Stoves, Belling and LEC). New World have been manufacturing in the UK for over 120 years and are one of the few remaining manufactures of cookers, fridges and freezers who produce in the UK!
So, it seemed very appropriate to start a blogging challenge based on ‘The Best of British’. I’ve been working on this with Karen Burns Booth from Lavender and Lovage because she’s something of an expert in Blogger Challenges, and I am really not! The idea is to host the challenge with a different blogger each month, working our way around the UK to showcase local recipes and produce. You don’t need to come from the region, or even have visited. But, you do need to make something that is inspired by or influenced by the region.
I’ve asked one or two people to volunteer and the lovely Choclette is kicking the whole thing off with a Cornish Best of British challenge. It’s dear to my heart because I visit Cornwall every year for the food festival at Boscastle and I’ve been going there for over 30 years now (when I was much younger I used to sing in a big music festival there!). We still need a few more British Regions, so if you would like to host for a month, please let me know!
I’m busy plotting my own entry for this month’s challenge. And I do hope you will join in too. New World have offered a prize of a £50 Amazon gift voucher for the first 6 months, and we are planning a ‘grand finale’ with a celebrity chef(!) judging the entries at the end of the 6 month period. But, apart from the prize, this is your chance to show the world that British food is about more than Fish and Chips and Chicken Tikka Masala (nice as they both are!). You can find more on the New World Blog and if you have any questions, please message me here or on twitter!
- Post your recipe on your blog with a link back to The Face of New World Appliances and to the relevant month’s host (this month Chocolate Log Blog).
- Add the ‘Best of British’ badge to your blog post (you can find it here on London Unattached in the side bar)
- Add ‘Best of British’ in your blog post as a label or tag
- The recipe can be one of your own or one you’ve seen elsewhere. You are welcome to republish old recipes/posts but please add the information about this challenge.
- Please make sure you don’t infringe any copyright laws – if in doubt please ping me on twitter (@fionamaclean) or leave a note below to ask for advice!
- Please be as creative as you like with the theme for the month.
- This month’s challenge starts today (15th May) and closes at midnight on 15th June 2012
- Mail us to let us know you are taking part on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you post on twitter, please mention @fionamaclean or @newworldapps and use #BestofBritish and we will try to retweet!
So best of luck to everyone who takes part in the first month’s Best of British!