I’m kind of pleased. My blog is a bit of a hybrid and a misfit in my eyes. I know where I want it to go, but I’m really not there yet and I suspect I never will be. I was nominated by Kate at Turquoise Lemons so thank you to her for thinking of me;)
I started blogging because I wanted a clearer understanding of how social media worked for my professional life as a Marketing Consultant. And, I think the best way to learn sometimes is to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty . I really expected to dip my toe in, write a few posts and then get on with the rest of my life. But I found I rather enjoyed writing. There are a whole set of things that make me happy to write about my experiences. But, essentially I believe it helps me enjoy things better because I take a critical approach instead of ambling onward without too much thought. The result is I am experiencing new things, doing other things better and stopping doing things which really haven’t worked for me. And learning a lot in the process about more than social media.
Rules for the award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you for this Award and link them back.
- Say 5 random facts about you.
- Spread the joy by nominating other bloggers.
- Let the blogger know about the nomination.
Five Random Facts About Me
- I have two cats, no more because I am worried about becoming a mad old cat woman.
- I really don’t like chicken eggs, but quail eggs (especially with caviar) are absolutely fine
- I failed my driving test six times…passed on the seventh attempt. I still wouldn’t recommend sitting in the passenger seat.
- I’m big sister to two brothers – they both think I’m very bossy!
- My ideal last supper would include very good steak, triple fried fat chips and something with raspberries. And a great bottle of Margaux. I think that’s wrong for a food blogger…so maybe it’s just as well I don’t think I AM a food blogger;)
Ashley from Coffee and Cakes has a new blog which seems to be growing like topsy. The best bit about her blog is that it all looks like she’s having fun. And, I think we forget that sometimes and just get too serious!
Finally CityGirlTurnedSuburbanMum because I love her twitter awards;)