Meet Prudence and Learn About Gin In London:
Fancy learning a bit more about gin and having a go at making your own? This one day masterclass on 27th September will take you around some of the top distilleries in London, introduce you to the fascinating world of gin and then you’ll get to create your own blend using a selection of botanticals. Oh, and you’ll meet Prudence (in the photo above) – the still at the Sipsmith distillery which is the first copper pot still to open in London for nearly 200 years. Andrew Macleod Smith, pictured below is the Head Distiller at The London Distillery Company, where you’ll get to distil your own and to take home with you too!
The London Gin Ramble Itinerary – 9am 27th September 2013
- Introduction to the day at WSET HQ on Bermondsey Street
- The history of gin with the ‘Godfather of Gin’, Master Distiller Charles Maxwell of Thames Distillers. Thames Distillers distills and bottles over 40 different blends per year
- Tasting with Sacred’s Master Distiller Ian Hart and introduction to the only distillery to operate from a sitting room
- Lunch at The Princess Victoria in Shepherd’s Bush. Operational since 1829, the Princess Victoria began as an imposing Victorian Gin Palace
- Tour of the Sipsmith distillery in Hammersmith, the first copper pot distillery to launch in London in nearly 200 years
- Tour of the recently launched The London Distillery Company and selection of botanicals to be used in Gin ramble gin
- Gin cocktail masterclass at 214 cocktail bar on Bermondsey street.
Address: WSET’s London Wine & Spirit School, 39-45 Bermondsey Street, SE1 3XF
Tickets cost £125 per person and will cover transport from the London WSET school to the distilleries on the ramble and back to Bermondsey for the cocktail masterclass; entrance to the distilleries; two-course lunch; tastings; a complimentary gin cocktail and a small bottle of the Gin Ramble gin.
Tickets and more information is available from the WSET: 020 7089 3800