Steam and Microwave Coconut Fish Curry:
I wanted to cook something more complex using my rather beautiful new Panasonic CS-894 steam microwave. Fortunately, it comes with a selection of recipes included in the manual and Coconut Fish Curry looked really interesting.
It’s the first time I’ve made a curry without frying the veg and protein so I was concerned as to whether it would have enough flavour? You can use any firm white fish you have in the fridge and I threw in a couple of handfuls of frozen peas at the end because I felt like it.
An easy microwave fish curry for a quick supper
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red pepper deseeded and cubed
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1 heaped tablespoon curry paste
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 600 g white fish coley, pollock (cubed)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Pyrex dish 22cm
- Sweat the chopped onion and red pepper in the dish, covered, for 4-5 minutes on High Microwave.
- Add coconut milk, tomato, curry paste and lemon juice.
- Cook on on High Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add cubed fish and then cover.
- Cook on on High Microwave for 6-7 minutes stirring halfway through cooking.
- Season to taste.
The process was straightforward and the veg still had a crispness which was unexpected. The texture of the fish had a certain fluffiness which was interesting and not unpleasant. However flavours were good and from a health perspective, this was a win with no extra oil or ghee used. It was great to make the recipe using just one dish – and perfect to serve with rice or nan.
So far I am loving using my Panasonic CS-894 steam microwave.
Disclaimer: I was sent the CS-894 steam microwave for the purpose of testing and reviews. I was not obliged to write a positive review.