Davidstow Cheddar Giveaway:
You may remember a few weeks back Adrian was lucky enough to get an invite to the Capital Hotel to meet Michelin Star Chef Nathan Outlaw for an event exploring matching Cheese and Wine . It turned out to be a lot more than that. Some of the cheeses he tried were paired with sake, with cider and even with whisky. As brand ambassador for Davidstow Cheddar, Nathan was hosting the event to showcase just how versatile the cheese is.
Adrian met Nathan, one of my favourite Cornish chefs and was served with a whole range of canapes made with Davidstow Cheddar. Now, I have long been a fan of Davidstow cheese, I know the North Cornish coastline well and spend quite a lot of time in Boscastle. From my friend’s house we can watch the cows on the hills, grazing on the greenest grass, perhaps enjoying the wonderful sea air. As Adrian points out it’s a terroir that is perfect for dairy produce, mild and rainy weather leading to lush pastures. Davidstow have been making cheese there for 60 years, working with the local farmers and what we can now buy in the shops is a rich, creamy cheese that works just as well on a cheese board as in a cooked dish.
Nathan has come up with some great tips to help you plan your Christmas cheeseboard too.
- Pairing cheese with the right accompaniment will bring out its unique flavours. Partner Davidstow, with a fruit based homemade chutney and a crunchy oatcake as it helps to provide a sweet balance to its sharp bite.
- Be sure to serve cheese at room temperature to bring out its full flavour – allow a minimum standing period of 20 minutes
- Never pre-slice cheese as it will cause it to dry out
- Vary the cheeses that you include on a cheese board, including differing textures as well as varieties
- Present cheese on either a large flat slate or marble tile or a wooden cheeseboard
While I can’t give everyone the opportunity to meet Nathan, I do have a splendid giveaway from the Davidstow team. One lucky London-Unattached reader will win a a signed copy of Nathan Outlaw’s Fish Kitchen Cookbook and a bespoke slate Davidstow Cheeseboard like the one in the picture and some Davidstow cheese for themselves. It’s a wonderful prize!
As always, you just need to follow through the rafflecopter to enter – remembering to answer the mandatory question by posting in the comments below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway