Jubilation Turkey with Piquant Pepperdew
This is an updated version of coronation chicken with a spicier but lighter dressing and with turkey. By using mango and piquante pepperdew peppers this dish bursts with flavours
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 400 g Cooked turkey meat diced or pulled into bite size piece
- 150 ml Mayonnaise
- 300 ml Greek Yoghurt I used 2% fat
- 12 Piquante Pepperdew Peppers chopped, 2 reserve and sliced for garnish. I used mild!
- 1 tablespoon Mild Madras Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoons Mango Chutney
- 1 handful Fresh coriander chopped, a few sprigs reserved for garnish
- 300 g Fresh mango diced or cut into slices (make the shapes the same as your turkey!)
- 1 tablespoon Light olive oil sunflower or any light oil can be substitued
- 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
Warm the oil in a pan and heat the curry powder till it starts to smell spicey
Stir in the mango chutney and the worcester sauce so you have a kind of brown gunk
Put the curry and mango chutney mix into a large bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise then the yoghurt, pepperdew and chopped coriander and mix well.
Mix in the mango and turkey and place the resulting mixture in the fridge for at least two hours so the flavours can blend
Serve garnished with a few sliced pieces of pepperdew and coriander leaves.