Last Updated on
A Ten Minute Lunch with Tenderstem:
Now, all that wine tasting has left me feeling in need of some healthy food. And, on my return from Angers, there was a lovely box of goodies waiting for me from Tenderstem Broccoli. So, I’ve made a tasty, quick and simple lunch dish using that, some smoked mackerel from Delish Fish and a cheat packet of mixed grains from Merchant Gourmet. The aim was to produce a meal within 10 minutes and Tenderstem Broccoli is ideal for that.
Here’s the recipe – frighteningly simple! If you don’t want to use packet mixed grains, this dish would work fine with precooked quinoa, a can of chickpeas or mixed beans or even couscous.
- 1 packet Merchant Gourmet Pre-cooked Mixed Grains
- 200 g Tenderstem Broccoli trimmed
- 200 g Smoked Mackerel Fillets
- 1 Lemon Zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Steam the tenderstem broccoli for 2-3 minutes
- Warm the grains through according to the packet directions (this should take 1 minute in a microwave).
- Grill the mackerel for 2 minutes on each side, then remove the flesh from the skin and tear into largish flakes
- Drain the broccoli and mix all the warm ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Stir through the lemon zest, juice and olive oil and serve
PS. There IS mackerel lurking in there!